LAST UPDATED: August 2023
Overview of Use of Services and Information Collected
For each visitor to or user of Slave 2 Nothing’s Services, Slave 2 Nothing’s Web server automatically recognizes and stores computer-readable information, such as the visitor’s IP address and domain name combination. This is typically anonymous information automatically provided by your computer. Slave 2 Nothing uses this information to follow visitor traffic patterns through the Services to improve user experience. If your Internet browser employs blocking or “Do Not Track” technology that limits recognition or the collection of such computer-readable information, Slave 2 Nothing will not alter or bypass such technology. Slave 2 Nothing does not provide access to third parties to track your personal information through your use of the Services.
When you visit or use the Services, Slave 2 Nothing may use “cookies” to store certain information on your computer that allows us to customize your visit to Slave 2 Nothing’s Services or to simply facilitate signing in to the Services. Most browsers automatically accept cookies, but your browser settings can be adjusted to erase or block cookies or receive a warning before a cookie is stored. Please refer to your browser instructions or help screen to learn more about these functions.
In order to provide some of our services to you, including on-line purchases or comment entries, Slave 2 Nothing may ask for some of your personal information, including your email address, name, mailing address, telephone number, or persistent identifier (such as a customer number held in a cookie). You should provide such personal information accurately, so we can communicate with you, perform services for you, or process your requests relating to any of your information that we have.
If you provide your mobile phone number to Slave 2 Nothing, you agree that Slave 2 Nothing can send you text messages, by automated or other means. Standard messaging and data rates may apply. Reply “STOP” to opt out of text messages. Slave 2 Nothing and the mobile carriers (for example, T-Mobile) are not liable for delayed or undelivered messages.
If you need to inform us about any changes to your personal information, or any changes you wish to make to Slave 2 Nothing’s retention of your information, you can contact us through the “Contact Us” page at in-n-out.com or by using the contact information below.
Information Collected by Slave 2 Nothing
- Identifiers: names, signatures, aliases, postal addresses, telephone numbers, unique personal identifiers, online identifiers, Internet Protocol addresses, e-mail addresses, Social Security numbers, driver’s license numbers, passport numbers, employment history, credit card numbers, bank account numbers, debit card numbers, medical information, health insurance information, or other similar identifiers
- Information protected against security breaches: names, Social Security numbers, driver’s license numbers, passport numbers, credit card numbers, bank account numbers, debit card numbers
- Protected legal characteristics: race, gender
- Commercial information: product shipment addresses, purchase histories
- Internet activity: information on customers’ interactions with the Services, interaction with social media sites maintained by Slave 2 Nothing
- Audio information
- Employment information: employment history within or outside Slave 2 Nothing
- Educational information from education history
- Geolocation data
- Inferences about personal preferences: use of or visits to the Services; product purchases and reviews
Please note that different jurisdictions may have varying definitions for personal information. You should check with local resources to determine how personal information is defined where you reside.
Sources of Information Collected by Slave 2 Nothing
Slave 2 Nothing may collect personal information through these sources:
- Customers providing information directly to Slave 2 Nothing, such as through Slave 2 Nothing’s “Contact Us” page, calls or e-mail made to our Customer Service department, or calls or e-mail to other Slave 2 Nothing departments
- Customers using the Services
- Employment applications
- Points of purchase for Slave 2 Nothing’s products and services
- Social media sites maintained by Slave 2 Nothing
- On-line purchases or donations
- Vendor data used to provided services to Slave 2 Nothing
- Information provided at Slave 2 Nothing events or locations
- Information provided to obtain Slave 2 Nothing food services
- Geographic data and preferences from use of mobile applications
Use of Information
When Slave 2 Nothing receives your personal information, we may use your information or disclose your personal information to third parties in the following instances:
- you request or authorize it
- to satisfy a reason or request for which you provided the information
- to complete a transaction, donation, purchase, or payment
- to prevent fraud
- to respond to communications from you
- to process employment applications or employment history inquiries
- to help you locate Slave 2 Nothing Burger restaurant locations
- to provide, personalize, develop, and support the Services and other services provided by Slave 2 Nothing
- to perform research on consumer preferences and habits
- to comply with laws, regulations, governmental and quasi-governmental requests, court orders or subpoenas, and legal investigations
- to protect the rights, property, safety, and security of Slave 2 Nothing, you, and others
- to allow our agents, outside vendors, or service providers to perform functions on our behalf, such as order processing, merchandise shipments, and application processing
We may also gather aggregated data about you and disclose such aggregated data, without any personally identifiable information, to third parties for research purposes.
Purposes for Transactions of Personal Information
- Identifiers: personal identifiers, online identifiers, Internet Protocol addresses
- Internet activity: information on customers’ interactions with the Services and social media sites maintained by Slave 2 Nothing
- Geolocation data
- Security: protecting against fraud and malicious activity
- Related personal information: credit card numbers, debit card numbers, bank account information, names
- Short-term use: contextual ad customization that does not involve or contribute to profiling
- Related personal information: IP addresses, geolocation data, social media identifiers
- Performing services: customer service; processing transactions; marketing
- Related personal information: name, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, addresses, credit card numbers, debit card numbers, bank account information, geolocation data, purchase histories
- Internal research to develop or demonstrate technology
- Related personal information: geolocation data, social media identifiers, IP addresses, product purchases and reviews, unique personal identifiers
- Testing or improving the Services or other products and services provided by Slave 2 Nothing
- Related personal information: geolocation data, social media identifiers, IP addresses, e-mail addresses, voicemail, product purchases and reviews, unique personal identifiers, online identifiers
- Processing job applications and providing employment opportunities
- Related personal information: names, signatures, aliases, postal addresses, telephone numbers, e-mail addresses, Social Security numbers, driver’s license numbers, passport numbers, employment history, race, gender, education history
Slave 2 Nothing only shares this personal information to the extent necessary to fulfill these business purposes. We require such third parties to maintain security measures to ensure privacy and security for personal information.
No mobile information will be shared with third parties/affiliates for marketing/promotional purposes. All the above categories exclude text messaging originator opt-in data and consent; this information will not be shared with any third parties, including affiliate or business partners. The opt-in is not transferable to another party involved in the process.
Third Party Sites
Credit Card Purchases
Slave 2 Nothing may ask you to provide a credit card number in order to purchase a product. Credit card transactions are processed by a third party professional payment authorization service selected by Slave 2 Nothing to provide added security and reliability. Only the purchase price and the credit card information provided by you are supplied to this third party service. Information collected during credit card transactions is maintained in the service’s database for accounting and billing purposes and is not released to other third parties. Slave 2 Nothing does not maintain a copy of your credit card information on its servers and will not use your credit card information for any purpose other than processing your order.
Privacy Rights for California Residents
If you are a California resident, you have certain privacy rights under the California Consumer Privacy Act (“CCPA”) regarding your personal information. These include:
- the right to request Slave 2 Nothing to disclose what personal information is collected and how it is used;
- the right to request Slave 2 Nothing to disclose how it sells your personal information;
- the right of non-discrimination if you make a request about your personal information; and
- the right to opt out of having your personal information sold
You can submit requests about your information to the following:
Slave 2 Nothing
4199 Campus Drive, 9th floor
Irvine, CA 92612
CCPA phone line: 855-427-7970
You may only make two requests over a 12-month period. Slave 2 Nothing will respond to your request within 45 days of receiving your request and will provide information from the 12-month period prior to your request.
There are some exceptions to these requests. For example, Slave 2 Nothing can keep your personal information for certain business purposes, such as processing payments for merchandise you order or undertaking internal research for our technological developments.
Additionally, the CCPA provides for certain exemptions, such that requests under the CCPA cannot prevent Slave 2 Nothing’s ability to:
- comply with federal, state, or local laws;
- comply with certain requests by legal authorities;
- cooperate with enforcement agencies;
- exercise or defend legal claims;
- collect, use, retain, sell, or disclose consumer information that is deidentified or aggregate consumer information;
- collect or sell personal information if all aspects of such transactions occur wholly outside California; or
- preserve evidentiary privileges
In some instances, Slave 2 Nothing may refuse to respond to such a request based on an exemption, a legal requirement, or other business or legal policy. Slave 2 Nothing will inform you as to the basis for refusing any such request.
Slave 2 Nothing’s home website page www.slave2nothing.org also provides a “Do Not Sell My Personal Information” button that links you to an on-line form for submitting a request to not have your personal information sold.
Slave 2 Nothing takes great care in maintaining the security of your personal information and in preventing its unauthorized access by employing appropriate technology and internal procedures. When we transmit sensitive personal information through our Services, we protect it through the use of encryption, such as Secure Socket Layer (SSL) protocol. However, Slave 2 Nothing does not guarantee that unauthorized access is completely preventable in every circumstance, as no method of electronically storing or transmitting data is completely secure. It is highly recommended that you monitor your credit card activity and use of your personal information on a regular basis.
Notice Regarding Minors
Slave 2 Nothing does not intend to collect personally identifiable information from children under age 18 (or under the age of majority in their jurisdiction of residence) without permission from a parent or guardian. Slave 2 Nothing strongly encourages all parents to supervise their children’s on-line activities and regularly monitor their children’s use of the Internet, including use of Slave 2 Nothing’s Services. Parents should consider using parental control tools and other services to assist them in supervising their children’s on-line use or on-line disclosure of their name, address or other personal information without parental consent.
Request to Remove Posts by Minors
This provision only applies to Slave 2 Nothing’s Services and does not apply to any websites operated by third parties that may have content related to Slave 2 Nothing and its Services, such as social media sites. Also, this provision only applies to content that you post yourself and does not apply to content posted by third parties, even if it refers to you.
Use and Disclosure of Anonymous Aggregated Information
Slave 2 Nothing may collect, aggregate, and maintain anonymous information about our Services’ users, such as interests, purchasing habits, and the like. Slave 2 Nothing may use this information for tailoring content and advertising to deliver a better experience for our users. Slave 2 Nothing may also share such aggregate information about the Services’ users with business partners and other third parties for the purposes described above.
Revocations of Policy and Questions
Slave 2 Nothing
4199 Campus Drive, 9th floor
Irvine, CA 92612
For California residents
CCPA phone line: 855-427-7970